Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9th 2010

Okay - yup - me again! Life has been interesting! (LOL!) Anyhow, we're finally getting caught up on things. Here is a quick run-down:

1) Jessica had her surgery and is recovering well. She had to be seen twice more for pulling at her stitches/steristrips and now she might have an infection (we're watching it) but over all she is healing better/quicker than expected.

2) Joe got pneumonia but seems to be pretty much over it now. Now all he has to do is catch up on all the schoolwork he missed. However - he's finally bringing his grades up and is no longer failing ANY class. Which is at least a step in the right direction! He's also on the swim team now and is practicing every evening for 2 hours. And doing Science Olympiad still.... so he's real busy.

3) TJ's had a cough for almost a month now. I think it's the dryer air but I'm not sure. I may end up taking him in but the cough doesn't seem to be bothering him and he has NO other symptoms. Just the cough. Otherwise - he's been healthy, happy and BUSY. He's started the Time4Learning program and loves it. He's been writing his own story too. He has Japanese twice a week, gymnastics once a week, swimming once a week, etc. We're also continuing with the geography program, multiplication drills, and various other learning activities. Starting after the holidays some time he'll be doing drama as well.

I've been pretty busy too - I'm still doing the "Updates!" newsletter for the homeschooling group, maintaining their various websites and developing a webstore for them. I also recently accepted a position on the board of the Carnegie Museum in Houghton and am trying to still stay involved in the Celtic Quarter. Work has tapered off for the moments - so I'm bidding for more jobs and trying to keep the forward momentum going (we really need for my career to continue to progress). Trev and I have been going to cribbage tournaments still and working quite a bit on the house.

So there's my quick synopsis. I also have some pics:


Jessica at Shriners. I have lots of other pics (you can see them on my facebook page)

TJ at gymnastics. It's hard to get pics in the gymnasium as the lighting is goofy and there are many kids running around. There are many skills he is learning but for some reason the pics of him on the trampoline turned out a little better than the others. There is one of him on the bar practicing casting on and off (I think that's what they call it but it sounds like knitting to me!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment